Well like my mom's scale mine is slowly biting the dust, so I went out and bought a new one. It was needed anyway to handle my husband's weight. So I am back to where I started on the new scale so no change yet but I am sticking to the plan hard and amazingly so is Brandon. I started reading Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution. I am finding it very intriguing. I managed to get in 6 miles yesterday between work and my extra walk. I am short on extra today because it is so bitter cold outside with a little snow. Last night was a great night I tricked my kids into to eating okra by telling them it was fried popcorn and they both loved it. We all seem to be adjusting fairly well to the new foods or the lack there of. I have even taken most of the kids snacks away except for the goldfish. Tonight we had the best hamburgers and it didn't even have a bun, mom suggested we wrap it in a lettuce leaf and it was awesome. I seem to be making better choices at work since beginning this challenge and that has always been one of my struggles. I have found that if I take my lunch and some snacks with me I don't even notice the products around that would be horrible even if you were not on a diet. I find that Easter may be slow coming this year with all of us anticipating it so much and the results that lay ahead. Good luck to everyone.
Bethany

Bethany, I'm so proud of you. I believe this is the time for you to see this through. You are doing so well. I believe in the Atkins Plan, especially for people like us with insulin resistance. I hope we are both closer to where you want to be by Easter. Hang in there, girlfriend. I'll be here to cheer you on. :)
ReplyDeleteOne day of effort, one hard decision, one good choice at a time. It eventually becomes habit!
ReplyDeleteAs for the kids? You're setting them up now for a lifetime of health!
Good to see you back on your blog and joining this challenge. I never ate okra before moving to ok, but love it now....unless it is breaded and fried. Then it just tastes like oil to me. It can be cooked with tomatoes in lots of ways.....my kids eat lots of things because they didn't know they shouldn't when they 1st started....so just don't let their friends tell them they shouldn't eat certain thins and you should do great. Good luck hanging in there at work.
ReplyDeleteWhoa!! Good job on tricking the kids to eat okra! Mine have not fallen for that one yet. Good luck on your journey, and don't forget to eat you veggies! I'm looking forward to supporting you on the e2e challenge.
ReplyDelete