MY TICKER

Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

Friday, January 6, 2012

Big Changes Today

I have been struggling throughout the last year with having to much to do and not enough me to go around. I have decided that I need to cut back. I am dropping out of college because I already have a job that I love and that I can climb the latter, so I decided that it is not worth the time that it takes away from my husband and kids. The stress from school alone has caused me to gain weight. The school work has kept me from getting the kids outdoor to play with me having very little exercise. So good ridence papers and power points.

Now for the food changes that I am going to have to make, I have decided that I am going to have to give up coffee during the remainder of induction due to the fact that it has to be sweetened and each pack of splenda is 1 carb. Last night I also had a slip up not a big one seeing as how it was a really small glass of whole milk like that comes from a cow, moo. It was awesome but but me slightly over my carb limit for yesterday. I have been looking for some ideas to make asparagus taste good, so if anyone has any suggestion pass those on to me please.

I don't know if it was the milk alone but I am only down four pounds today. Today is my husband and my weigh in day and I cannot wait to see what he comes in at today. I weighed in at 229 and more dedicated then ever.

I have a new goal with the free time that I will gain from not having school. I make a pledge to get the kids outside or go walk or run everyday. Some days it is to cold to get the little ones out but I can. I have also been recently promised a new treadmill for roughly mid Feb. Yeah I love it endless miles in my bedroom. I can't wait.

I want everyone to have a blessed day and good luck to all challengers.

6 comments:

  1. Bethany, I'm sorry you have to drop out of school. I understand your reason and I know you have been carrying a great burden. I wish there was something I could do to help. To be honest, I feel like dropping out myself though so I can't say much negative about your decision. I hope that you won't regret it some day like I did when I dropped out but you can always go back later. You DO have a good job with room for advancement and if you are happy doing that then I am happy for you and proud of you. You health has to come first and I know you have been under a lot of pressure.

    We all have slips sometimes and the important thing is that we pick ourselves up and brush ourselves off and start over. You are doing that and I am proud of you. I love you very much. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the weight loss, 4lbs is awesome! Remember that our life is a journey with seasons in it and right now your season is calling you to focus on your little ones and your health. Before you know it that season will change and life will lead you somewhere else... who knows maybe back to school.

    As for the asparagus, I like to steam in the microwave or roast in the oven with a little fresh garlic and top with a little fresh parmesan cheese.

    Another Atkins recipe I made up when I did Atkins is:

    1 can of Rotel tomatoes (hot & spicy kind)
    1 pouund of ground beef
    cheese

    Brown meat, add tomatoes and simmer till hot. Place serving on plate top with cheese.

    Hope this helps and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I have 2 college degrees, I'm not a big believer in college for everyone. Some jobs let you learn and grow without paying for a college degree. Some require shorter study programs and lead to great jobs. College should be used by folks who need college for their career paths, not just everyone. Lotta money and time--so, if you think it's not for you, then that's that. Just make your success plan for the job where you are--how to stay relevant, learn new things that will aid that job, create a better rounded employee of yourself so you can rise and rise and rise! (I had to quit working at age 30, so could really get much use out of my college degree and specialty registration)

    The key to getting to your goal, as you've seen with your mom, is focus and consistency. Week in ane week out. And you'll succeed at both weight loss and your job if you are consistently focused on ACHIEVING goals. You'll do it!

    My hubby is not a big veggie person, though much better than when we got married, when he only ate celery and iceberg lettuce (in the nonstarchy veggie category). He'll eat and enjoy grilled or pan sauteed or roasted asparagus...and I tend to just use olive oil and salt, sometimes a bit of garlic. I keep it simple. Hate to cook. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bacon makes everything taste good. I lived in Red Neck towns way too long. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your 4 pounds. We need to find someone else to share them with.
    Good for you figuring out what is most important to you. The kids will really love the time you have for them.
    Good luck Bethany. Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your support. It really means a lot to me.
    Thanks
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message if you want. I love comments